Monday, May 13, 2013

Whassup?

Well, I have been on a long blogging hiatus.  Partly was because I was having a really difficult time discerning the diaconate and then likewise thinking that I should perhaps blog under a different banner.  I never could figure out what that alternative banner was to be named though.  While I dallied, life continued and I neither journaled nor blogged my 'progress'.

So rather than go into a summary of the intervening few years,  I think I'll just pick up where we are at.  By way of summary,  I had some rather technical issues regarding my first application to the diaconate a couple years ago, and they couldn't be resolved in time to join an aspirant class.  By complete surprise I learned in March of this year that a new class was forming, but I only had a few days to get in the application, and through frustration I hadn't resolved this issue from a few years ago.  So, here I sit, perhaps to follow through with this program again in two years.  In the meantime it has been recommended that I get a Spiritual Advisor, and I intend to make a few phone calls about that after Pentecost when Confirmations are over and prospective priests will have a moment to catch a breath.